Saturday, March 6, 2010

10 Signs that spring is actually on its way -- NH version

  1. Radio stations are reminding us to take down our bird feeders because it's warm enough for the bears to wake up, and they're hungry.
  2. We're also reminded to get those bob houses off the lakes now, before the ice melts and they (and maybe the cars pulling them) sink down into the watery depths.
  3. The other morning, I caught a faint aroma of skunk around our barn.
  4. You can tell just which drivers ahead of you know the roads by whether they swerve to avoid potholes or bounce right into them.
  5. Maple trees are attached to each other with blue plastic tubing.
  6. When the snow falls it doesn't last as long as before, and it's much heavier to shovel.
  7. Teachers can tell you that there are 66 more days of school -- but who's counting?
  8. A few early bird Florida license plates have already been spotted.
  9. The cat meows to get out on the porch, then realizes that it's still too cold and glares at me accusingly.
  10. Jerry and I leave on vacation this coming week.

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

SO TRUE! :-)

Have a great vacation. Very deserved, I'm sure.

Arctic-mermaid said...

Love your List of Ten. I think it will be fun to consider mine.

ANything to do with the changing of the seasons (the way I mark time) is so interesting to me.

I particularly love the comment about the locals knowing how to avoid the potholes.

Have a great cruise!

Unknown said...

So mud season is almost here--hope your vacation allows you to miss the worst of it.