Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quick Medical Update

I'm still feeling good, most of the time, mostly, but as I've mentioned I've had some bouts of stomach pain and queasiness over the past few weeks, and Dr. Nickerson decided it was worth my having an endoscopic ultrasound, so that is scheduled for Friday. He mentioned something about my perhaps having an ulcer, and after December's perforated ulcer no one wants to take chances.

Chemo today, recover from chemo tomorrow, EUS on Friday -- life is just full of interesting experiences.

Added to that, my CA19-9 tumor marker has gone up from 75 last month to 93 this month. The good news is that it's still down from the 105 in March. And, in any case, these are just blips. The CA19-9 can go up or down hundreds of points, so twenty is, as the nurse told me, "stable."

So it isn't great news, but it isn't dire, either.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so glad the news is good. During the last two weeks I've learned how much easier it is to be positive about a prolonged illness when one is feeling good. Here's to a steady climb in feelings of well-being.