Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life is Good

It's been a wonderful last couple of weeks, despite Jerry's trying to pull rusty nails out of the wall with his bare hands. One of the nurses at the cancer center pulled his stitches on Tuesday, and his hand is fine. He can play bassoon and continue with the kitchen remodeling with no problems.

This past weekend was full of family -- what a joy! Cinda should visit more often (hint).

Of course, there are also physiological reasons for my feeling so up. My various blood counts (white counts, red, platelets, neutrophils or whatever they are) had been way down for a while, but as of last week had gone back up to normal. I really think it makes a difference in my energy levels and my spirits.

And other good news is that my CA19-9 has gone from 129 to 111 this month.

With all of that, I went to band rehearsal three hours after my last chemo. The next day, usually my "chemofunk day" I even got out to exercise. I could get used to feeling like this.

1 comment:

Arctic-mermaid said...

Well Lucie you deserve to "feel like this" all the time.
Cheers