Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for. To keep this from turning into a Stephen King-sized book, I'm going to skip the family and friends I value and appreciate every day and take a look back at the past year. Here's just a few snapshots of what I am thankful for this year, without a lot of comments.

November
: Obama's election. I was here to see it, and no matter what challenges he faces or whether I agree with all of his decisions, I am proud of what our country did in electing him.
December: The wonderful people at the Cheshire Medical Center who took such good care of me during and after my emergency surgery -- while dealing with the aftereffects of the ice storm.
January: Being able to eat real food again and feeling my zest for life come back.
February: The first anniversary of my diagnosis. I beat the odds.
March: Our trip to Cancun. I like luxury.
April: Our trip to northern Minnesota. And the volunteer cherry tomato that grew in our sunspace that we ate, ceremonially.
May: First concert of the season for WTB. It's wonderful to play with them again.
June: Boston trip with the group that has been Doing Boston together (mostly) for something like twenty years.
July: The incredible trip to Utah, the highlight of the entire year.
August: Miles stayed overnight with us.
September: The jam and jelly factory went into full production mode.
October: Cinda's visit. New car. Max and Anya and Miles came up for the Pumpkin Festival. (October was full of good stuff!)
November: The wonderful kitchen project is done. I am so spoiled.

No comments: