Thursday, February 28, 2008

Next test tomorrow

The next test that I'll be having is the endoscopic ultrasound. http://gi.ucsf.edu/proc_eus.html has a good basic description of it. At first they told us they couldn't fit me in until March 11. I said I'd take any cancellation and please try to get me in sooner, because I couldn't imagine waiting two weeks more. As you know, it's the waiting that's hardest.
Anya (daughter-in-law) offered to call D-H every hour on the hour until they got me in earlier, but fortunately they found me a slot tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. Fortunately for them, because she'd have done it -- a one-person phone-jamming system.
The procedure, including finding my veins for the IV and the recovery, takes several hours. We don't expect any answers immediately, especially because Dr. Sutton will present these results plus everything else to the Oncology Board, which meets once a week and brings in expertise from all areas to determine the most effective treatments. He didn't say which day they meet.
By the way, several people have mentioned that according to the research, this form of cancer is typical of Southeast Asian men. How am I going to break the news to Jerry?

No comments: