Monday, June 8, 2009

Great weekend

I've noticed that I never know how bad I was feeling until I feel better. Now I definitely feel better, and was able to go on the traditional twice-a-year Boston trip with three out of four of the usual group. (Toni, we miss you.) For about twenty years in spring and fall we've met in Boston, first at a wonderful coffee shop called Rudi's, then when that closed in various not-so-good places, then at the new Rudi's, except that this one has now closed. This time we made do with Panera's. We always have coffee, splurge on a pastry, then go off in separate directions to shop and wander around. When we meet we try a new restaurant each time. We've been to Chinatown, eaten at a Turkish restaurant, gone traditional with an Irish pub and one of Boston's oldest seafood restaurants, and have eaten on Newbury St. and at Quincy Market. The meals are always almost as good as the company. Then we usually wander around Quincy Market where the people watching is the best, and then come home. I was a bit worried that I'd be worn out by the day, but as I said at the beginning, I feel good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So your new med is working well? Wonderful! Spending the day with long-time friends has got to be a wonderful pick-me-up.

Mean Mama said...

Dah-link, you look MARVELOUS!

Severine said...

You look great Lucie!

jenny said...

i must agree with the rest, you look beautiful lucie! that sounds like a fun tradition to do with friends. i'm so glad you are feeling better.