Monday, August 10, 2009

Miles slept over



And it may have been the first time that 24 whole hours went by without his being photographed. We were too busy going to Stone Pond, playing Legos, reading books, and eating to take pictures. Miles is a total delight. I remember when Max was an infant I hated our being around other mothers and babies, because I knew they'd realize how much more wonderful he was than their inferior offspring and would feel terrible. I have something of the same feeling now with my grandson. Yes, to other grandmas, your kids are cute, but mine is incomparable!

He picked and arranged the flowers above, choosing with great concentration and identifying as many as he could. When we were talking about the trip to Utah, he mentioned the playground at Russ and Rita's house, and the party at Mary and Howard's where the kids all played in the wading pool and ran around, but the first thing he said was, "I remember the flower garden at the place where we stayed." Maybe in a few years we can send him out to apprentice with Lonna.

As I said, he's a joy to have around.... But I am thirty years older than I was thirty years ago. We went to bed early last night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A flower arranger? And he knows their names? He really is special. Most boys his age are only interested in trucks--or rockets.
I think we know our grandchildren in a special, deeper way than we knew our children. We enjoy grandchildren as unique and interesting people, while. with our children, we had to worry about guiding them in the right direction. At least I did. I'm much wiser now. And you've always been much wiser.

jenny said...

that's adorable. he's adorable. i was so glad i got to meet him. he is a very special little guy.