Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Seeing another doctor

My shoulder has been bothering me for a few weeks (arthritis,usually happens in winter) All I wanted was appropriate pain killers, but life isn't that simple.First I had to check with my oncologist, who didn't think it was likely that pancreatic cancer would migrate to my right shoulder and that therefore the pain wasn't under his jurisdiction. I made an appointment to see a physician in family practice. He decided that the pain was, indeed, arthritis, and that I needed some sort of painkillers for it.

The problem was that I can't take most opiates (allergies) and I can't take aspirin or Motrin because of my stomach ulcers. I was afraid that the family practice doctor would hand me off to the GI doctor, but he just suggested that I stay on the Tylenol I'd been taking anyhow and if the pain doesn't go away we can move to something stronger, though he warned that something like that would make my brain feel pickled.

It would be nice if there was just one doctor who could handle everything, so I wouldn't feel quite so much like this:

2 comments:

Katie :o) said...

Sooooo... it sounds like you have pain in your chuck? All kinds of Shultz wise-cracks running through my head.... But, seriously, I hope you feel better! After all, you need your shoulders to play trombone. And we need you in band :o) Especially between numbers when we're not supposed to be talking :o))))))

Arctic-mermaid said...

I didn't hear anyone say that drinking a lot of wine would be bad. I would try that to alleviate pain. Yup!