Monday, May 31, 2010

Wonderful Weekend in a Wonderful Town

Sometimes things just work out perfectly. Max and Anya, as part of their birthday present to me, invited me for a weekend in NYC -- and special thanks to Denise, Anya's stepmother, for letting us stay in her apartment in Manhattan.
What can I say? The weather was perfect, the food delicious, the company -- of course -- the best. We even walked out of the apartment building and found a taxi right there at the corner, something I'd thought only happened in movies.
Miles was a delight, and had two chances to play in one of the playgrounds in Central Park, plus a trip to the Central Park zoo and FAO Schwarz. One evening Max and Anya were able to go out for a drink together while Miles and I zonked, so there was something for everyone.



Sunday in the park with Max, Anya, and Miles.












The reason Jerry was happy to stay in the sticks. You might have wondered why we left him behind. As Anya and I walked through Times Square, she said, "I sort of wish we could zap Jerry right here in the middle of all these people, just to see the look on his face, and then immediately zap him back to safety."

His comment was, "I'm glad you had a good time, but I can't imagine how you could, with all those people there."





And we got to see Wicked! And, yes, it was wicked awesome.

3 comments:

Mean Mama said...

Wonderful weekend! AND you missed the smoke over New England--perfect!

Katie :o) said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! We missed you at band tonight! Second just isn't the same without you :o) I hope you are feeling well on week two. E-hugs!

Unknown said...

Wow! How exciting! Sounds wonderful--for a weekend.