Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yesterday's meeting with the oncologist

I've been having more nausea than before, and in fact, have gone back to scattering large-sized Stonyfield Yogurt containers around the house in case of need. (Lots better than those liver-colored, kidney-shaped bowls they give you in the hospital.) Also, lots of fatigue and weakness, so the big question for Dr. Nickerson was whether these symptoms were due to the change in chemo, the progression of the disease, or something else entirely (leprosy? schistosomaisis?)
His feeling was that after only two rounds of the FOLFOX he couldn't tell for sure, but that because I get the symptoms after the meds should be about out of my system it's probably the course of the disease. Not the answer we were hoping for.
In any case, we decided to keep me on the FOLFOX for another round or two and see how I respond. Best case would be that the tumor markers go down, that I feel better and stop throwing up, and that I'm not so tired. So keep your fingers crossed for that, and I'll keep you updated. Meanwhile, I'm going to go take a nap.

3 comments:

Mean Mama said...

Fingers crossed, wishing only the best for you!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Lucie,

Just caught up on your wonderful long weekend news and then your trip to the doctor yesterday. All I can say is, you've been this far down before and then bobbed to the surface for a good long time. Keep sleeping and visualizing. Love always, A-Muse

jenny said...

i'm sorry you are not feeling well. i am hoping for a change quickly!
looks like you had a wonderful weekend with your family. everyone looks so happy. that's fun cinda could surprise you and be there too.