Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Good news

My friend Nancy, who was a nurse, says that whenever you're expecting results from a lab, you should call them early and frequently, so even though Dr. K said that the biopsy results wouldn't be in for a week or so, I called his office today and the nurse/receptionist said
There is no sign of malignancy.
No sign of H. pylori either, so who knows why I have an ulcer? But I do, a non-malignant one that seems to be responding to the latest meds. I started the latest yesterday and even today I notice how much better I'm feeling.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful news! Great! Fabulous! See you next month!

Lucinda Kruy said...

Mom, that's so great! I had a feeling it was going to be good news, and it's good to know that you can keep bugging them when you're waiting for results, and it will actually accomplish something. Yay!

grandma B said...

YaHoo! That is GREAT new Lucie! You have been in our thoughts and prayers . I totally think you have to bug the health care people to get the results. They usually know a couple of days before they tell you they will be in. I t is such a relief to hear good results. We are thrilled! Never has news of an 'ulcer' been such good news! I am glad the med's are giving you some relief.

Mean Mama said...

THAT is good news!

Russ Germer said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!