Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Under the weather

Sometimes the old-fashioned phrases make more sense than the modern ones. I could say that I'm feeling crappy today, but I'm not, exactly. I have a bit of the stomach palaver I get occasionally, a bit of just not feeling up to par. Nothing major. The phrase "under the weather" fits perfectly, especially because of the storm outside. Even if I felt great the prospect of anything from six to twenty-two inches of snow would discourage me from going out and doing stuff (not to mention the sleet and freezing rain that might happen somewhere in the middle of it all).
Today is definitely a day to lie on the couch with a cat on my lap and a cup of tea near at hand, reading either one of the books that friends have lent me or a book that Luther loaded into my new Kindle, maybe doing some knitting, but in any case being very glad that I'm inside and don't have to go out.
And I wish you a peaceful day, too.

2 comments:

A-muse said...

Lucie---Feel cozy and loved, that's the ticket. I am enjoying this snow day. Am about to go downstairs and read. After your blog, I think I'll summon a cat.
What is a Kindle? I take it some newfangled techo-gizmo. You are so HIP!
P.S. I am writing my western today!

Unknown said...

Feeling loved--that's the ticket. One of the best parts of retirement is looking out my window to see how beautiful the snow is, and knowing I don't have to go out in it if I don't want to.