Monday, January 19, 2009

Zest!

Suddenly, finally, it's back. Saturday we went down to the Northampton area to look at a house with Max, Anya, and Miles, and it was fun. While I was tired by the time we got home, the trip wasn't exhausting. Yesterday I had enough energy to do a few things like baking, writing, and even some housework. And this morning I woke up thinking of all the things I want to do today, without planning down time in between them.
Life is no longer what happens between naps, and this is a big change. I hadn't realized how rundown I was until now, when I'm not.
When Jerry had his heart surgery I spent a lot of time scolding him for expecting to be back to normal immediately after major surgery. He has been wonderful about not throwing my words back in my face this last month. In fact, I think he's taking better care of me than I ever did of him. But that's another entry.

4 comments:

A-muse said...

Well, didn't I TELL you that your body needed some time? (-:

Well,I am certainly glad that I was right. OXO

grandma B said...

It is wonderful to hear you are feeling better Lucie!
Any luck on the house hunting? Zest is good ,keep it up girl! I just got through watching the inauguration. It was awesome! I know are country has problems deep and wide but I was deeply moved by our presidents words of hope and message of change.

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy,
Great to hear about your marker numbers and return to activity. I'm so impressed by your blog, and by your attitude! It is great to hear about you and the family, even if it is in hard circumstances. I wish I could be there to give you one of my famous shoulder rubs from the Open Classroom circle. I've even gotten better at them since I was 10!
Jessica Miller

jenny said...

zest! what a great word! i am so happy to hear it's back (maybe it came from knowing a lunatic wouldn't be running our country anymore!) love you.