Thursday, May 22, 2008

So far, so good

Despite my rather dark post yesterday, I was really having a good birthday, which started with presents from Jerry (three pairs of earrings and a gift certificate to our local indie bookstore -- how well the man knows me!), and continued with special birthday greetings from the Top of the Hill Knitters, calls from family and flowers from Cinda and Rob, and ending with beer-butt chicken, grilled asparagus, and potato salad (Jerry cooked), and a less-successful rhubarb pie. Damn it, I still can't do a decent pie crust. Ro-o-o-b, help!
So I'm now officially 65, and very glad to have made it so far. I continue to feel well and strong, and if the radiation means I need a nap in the afternoon, well, I'm enjoying that, too.

3 comments:

jenny said...

happy belated lucie! it sounds like you had a nice day with a lot of love. as you should. the meal sounds delicious and don't feel bad, i don't even try to make a homemade crust (it has disaster written all over it!) sure love you.

Rob K said...

Next time we're together, we'll make pie crusts until you're happy with them :)

Ev said...

Happy belated B-day from a fellow Gemini.
Congrats on the mile mark.
As for the pie crust, I have one recipe that calls for an egg and some vinegar, tasty and reasonably easy to work with.
Ev from KR