Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day


Last February 20, the day we found out I had pancreatic cancer, I wrote in my journal, migod, if things are really bad, I won't even know how the elections come out.
And here I am, not only alive, but having had the chance to vote in this historic election. Dr. Nickerson told me again on Monday how well I'm doing, so it looks as though I'll have a good opportunity to watch as the political story continues to unfold.
No, it isn't that I want continued health and longer life just so I can participate in politics -- but I am so glad emotionally and philosophically that I was here to see this.

4 comments:

jenny said...

i'm so glad you're here too. what an exciting day for america! obama's speech made me have new hope in this country and proud to be an american. he really is the man for the job and i couldn't be happier today.

Lucinda Kruy said...

I keep thinking how I wish Grandma and Grandpa could have experienced this as well. What an amazing time. Oh, and by the way - you look great. (I know you hate hearing that but that doesn't make it any less true.)

Arctic-mermaid said...

Will 'ya look at that great smile?
WOw.

GermersinGrace said...

Thanks for message about the Halloween Concert. We’re glad you could participate in the election history. Even though Obama didn’t have a chance here in Idaho, Krys and I were glad to help him get his 36%.