Thursday, September 3, 2009

Creativity--the planter and la cloche



Jerry can't leave an awkward pipe just sticking up in the middle of the lawn, so now we have a planter. What's in it now is just for illustration, but come spring we'll put in something bright and flashy. Or maybe tomatoes.







I play around with artisan breads (ie anything that isn't shaped quite symmetrically) and for ages have wanted a cloche, a pottery bell that encloses the bread as it bakes. Miriam, sister-in-law and amazing potter, created a cloche for me and I tried it out yesterday. Perfect!

I like hanging out with creative people. Shall I mention the wonderful colors and patterns Anya chose for their new house? The ways that she and Max bring Miles up? Luther's incredible quilting? And that is just my side of the family. If I added in the Germer side and included my writing, knitting, musical friends this post would go on forever. I am so lucky.

3 comments:

Mean Mama said...

First, there is always room for more tomatoes!
Secondly, what a lovely cloche, and what beautiful results you achieved--I am so impressed!

Unknown said...

You are so creative with food, Lucie. I can barely manage my bread maker. Though it does turn out a wonderful pumpernickel, it's not so beautiful as yours. Happy eating! Are the kids moved into the new house now? Even though it's under construction?

jenny said...

the planter is a great idea. you would never know there was a pipe there. go jerry!

i love that bread cloche. and the fact that your sister-in-law made it for you, makes it that much more special. the bread inside looks amazing.