Thursday, March 12, 2009

V-A-C-A-TION


We're going from this to that. At least, that's the plan.
Last September, while they were prepping me to get the last stent put in, the doctor asked if I had any plans. I said, "Next March we're going to the Mayan Riviera for a week."
He said, in the nicest possible way, "Why are you waiting until then? Wouldn't you rather go sooner?" The two nurses exchanged glances.
I said, "We'll need the vacation more in March. And I plan to be around for it."
The doctor looked doubtful, but one of the nurses gave me a thumbs-up, and the other said, "You go, girl."
We're going. I'll be back, with at least a few more pictures, in about a week.

4 comments:

Academy Kids said...

Hi Lucie,

Have a fantastic vacation! I read your Blog with great anticipation. I love your writing and of course, you are an inspiration to me every day.

Love,
Connie

grandma B said...

Wow! It looks beautiful and warm! Have a great time you two. We will love to hear all about it and have a vicarious trip to a amazing place. We will be thinking of you.

Mean Mama said...

LOVE the two photos and the echoing shapes!

Hope this vacation turns out to be warm bliss, and look forward to hearing about it when you return.

A-muse said...

Lucie and Jerry---We are thinknig about you and smiling as we think of the sun and warmth and you two in it. We want to hear ALL (almost all) details upon your return......
As Always, A-muse and Un-Amused hahaha