Tuesday, September 29, 2009

H1N1 and me

No, I don't have it. And, apparently, I'm not at risk. You can't imagine how great this makes me feel. I get my regular flu shot and make Jerry get his every year because the experts always point out that people with compromised immune systems including people with cancer are especially at risk.

But the CDC lists the following in descending order as those most at risk for H1N1:
*pregnant women
*those with asthma or diabetes
*people between the ages of 6 months and 24 years
*health care workers
*people who care for infants
*people between the ages of 25-64 with other health problems

I'm not in there. This makes me feel so ... healthy. Sure I'll get the shot, eventually, but right now I'm glad to be in line behind all those vulnerable people. Me, I'm made of steel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely! I'm amazed they don't think your immune system is compromised, but hey--what do I know? I'm on the list because of my asthma--but my 87-year-old mother is not! Does that make sense?