Friday, September 11, 2009

Lots of good news



a) My CAT scan shows no change in my innards since last September. This is amazing and very good news.

b) My CA19-9 has gone down from 180 last month to 129 this month. This is what we want it to be doing.

c) Dr. Nickerson says that since my appetite continues good, I haven't been losing weight, and (except for chemofunk day) I feel well, I am well. No changes in my chemo regimen, no extra testing needed for a while. Another relief.

And, as far as the slight pain and nausea (and inability to eat french fries) are concerned, I'll start taking pancreatic enzymes with meals, which is something that most people with pc have to do from day 1. I've been lucky to do without for so long.

So all is well.

6 comments:

Anya said...

Yaaaayyyy! The best news ever. Take your enzymes and come on down for a big meal and a bottle of red!

Lucinda Kruy said...

That's so great! What a relief! I had a glass of red wine to celebrate last night!

jenny said...

what fantastic news! so glad to hear it lucie!

Russ Germer said...

That is just fantastic Lucie! Great News! We are so glad.

Severine said...

Woohoo Lucie! So when are you coming to visit us in France?:)

Anonymous said...

Lucie,
We want you to know how happy we are that 'by the
numbers ' you are breaking records all over the place.
But more than the numbers....... you're feeling well.
You are an inspiration to us all and your thoughts are so meaningful and sweet, and REAL.
We pray for your continued health and well-being.
You're our miracle. Keep it up!
love,
DICK AND LONNA