Friday, March 21, 2008

Back to normal life, I hope

In our Writers' Group the other night we talked a bit about how important it is to give the readers a rest between the exciting parts, just to catch their breath. I feel as though the next week or two will be that rest, though I'm almost superstitiously afraid to say so.
It's been almost exactly a month since the diagnosis, and in that time I've met with five doctors and a nurse, seen the dentist three times, had three major tests and two procedures. Next week, with just a check-in to get my blood tested, looks blessedly unmedical. I'm going to do things like see my grandson (and his parents), have dinner with friends, buy shoes, go to the library. Normal life.
Maybe even pilates, yoga, and band.
(Oh, yes, and who do you think won the Scrabble game? One of the wonderful things about Jerry is that when I very occasionally beat him at Scrabble, it's an honest win. And it tastes even better, because of it.)

4 comments:

half brass johnsons said...

Hey Lucie,
Keep on keeping on and know that we all love you guy's and are rooting, maybe even psudo-praying for you. Sammy gigs with Anna in Stoddard and Carl gigs in Fitsbill,also. a literal silver lining. So... there are three guys dissing their wives.!st one says "my wife is so dense she boght a sewing machine and she can't sew" Second says "That's nothing, mine bought a car and she doesnt even drive." Third says "I've got you both beat. My wife is so numb that I found a condom in her pocketbook and she doesn't even have a dick! Love sam Karen and the kids

Blue Spruce said...

Have a happy Easter.
A good strategy to win at Scrabble is to get your spouse drunk during the game.

A-muse said...

Based on this blog, I assume that Jerry wins most often at Scrabble--that doesn't sound right to me. (Sorry Jerrry) Reading your list of what has been going on in the last month for you--and actually before that with foot stuff and such, you must be absolutely exhausted. Thank you for staying alert long enough to see us tonight---you are amazing. Love, A-muse and husband

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Well, well, a win in scrabble and back to normal on the rest. Yay!

Here's BIG wishes for it to stay thataway, too. You are on lots of lists you know. Keep on Swimming....