Wednesday, March 12, 2008

last time, sort of

My Tuesdays are bracketed by pilates, in the morning, and Westmoreland Town Band rehearsals, in the evening, and yesterday was a kind of last time. No, I'm not getting morbid here; what I mean is that once I start treatment I know I won't have the stamina, energy or enthusiasm I have now. Not to mention breath support.
It's funny to get nostalgic early; I'll have plenty of time for it later, but during both the class and the rehearsal I found myself pulling away from what I was doing and going out of my way to appreciate it ("Oh, yes, I really appreciate this plank"). And, again, enjoy the people around me who make it worth while. I could do pilates or practice alone, after all, and I'm told that people actually do. But here I choose to spend time with people who may have noticed that I still can't do either a rollover or the melody in Friend Like Me. That's what I'll miss when I'm not up to joining the groups.

2 comments:

Blue Spruce said...

I can't for the life of me figure out why they have an exercise class named after Pontius Pilate, unless it is followed by exercises named after King Herod. I'm sure you are better off morally by avoiding these things. Besides, the less time you have to spend exercising the more time you can spend reading books!

Arctic-mermaid said...

I'm with Blue Spruce; and didn't I read something about port? Yummy. When is the sampling?? Let's focus on that.

Much better things in life than strenuous exercise.