Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Actually, it isn't that much fun

Next round of treatment starts tomorrow, and I thought I'd give my good attitude a break today.
You can't imagine how much I'm not looking forward to going back on chemo. I remind myself that first of all, it helps. People on Gemzar have less pain, better quality of life, and greater longevity. Second, Gemzar seems to have (for me) minimal side effects. I was on a heavier dose when I was taking that and the Taxotere, and generally felt fine. And finally, at least I feel as though I'm doing something.
But I don't wanna. So there.

2 comments:

jenny said...

i don't think anyone would look forward to that. so you're normal! good luck tomorrow. love you.

Arctic-mermaid said...

yeah, be the rock! You can do it, because you've done it before and it helped. Of course it is not going to be easy. That's why we don't voluntarily sign up for chemo for the fun of it. you're in an awful situation, and it requires an equally awful treatment.
All the best,