Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thanks, Amy


My niece Amy has an occasional piece in her blog which she calls "Favorite Friday." Well, it isn't Friday, but I borrowed the idea for a "Wonderful Wednesday." Over the weekend I did the first jelly-making I've done all year (actually, salsa, rosemary jelly and pear-ginger jam), all from the garden. They're shown against the sunflowers Cinda sent for our anniversary.
Jerry sometimes has to remind me to "live normally", and putting up preserves has been a happy part of my normal life since 1974. I've obsessively kept a record of every bit of preserving I've done in all those years, including the totally unsuccessful Violet Jam which tasted the way cheap perfume smells.
Today was chemo day, and because my WBC was out of whack they didn't give me a full dose of the Gemzar. I feel fine; they were just being overcareful.
Jerry won the Scrabble game.

4 comments:

jenny said...

i have never heard of rosemary jelly, sounds lovely. and pear-ginger jam, yum. i have always loved the idea of canning jams, jellies, salsa, tomatoes, and whatever else from the garden. it is probably mixed up with a good dose of nostalgia for me as my mom does it every year. in my mind it is a sort of welcome to fall.

Lucinda Kruy said...

Feel free to send some our way if you find you have too much! Especially rosemary and pear ginger. Yum!

HAB said...

can you post your recipe for rosemary jelly?

amy germer said...

They look beautiful! I bet they taste even better!