Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to my Knitting

It's not just that I spend all my time on the computer, so when it crashes I suddenly have all this knitting time; it's more that I had three projects going at once and they all came to an end at the same time.


This is the Moebius scarf that has been my doctors' offices project for ages. Unfortunately I made it much too long, so you can't see how the loop works as a one-sided surface. However, I love the way it goes with the suede jacket I got in Seattle on a wonderful shopping trip with Cinda, in which we found everything we wanted and it was all on sale.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5256631568247424770" />


Anya gave me the yarn for this as a hospital project, but I was too shaky to knit then. This is my own design, in the sense that I couldn't make the pattern work and just played with it until I was happy with it.


The shawl is made out of sock yarn. Never again. Bibi likes it.


I like it, too, as a matter of fact, especially the fringe which was fun to do. You intentionally drop stitches, which almost feels wicked, and then it opens out into a pretty fringe.

So now the only projects I have going are a dark gray very soft vest from yarn Miriam gave me, and a pair of socks in the colors that kindergarten clay used to come in: pink, blue, yellow, with bits of green. Since I'm still not sure I'll be able to wear hand-knit socks with my new brace this is not necessarily the smartest project to start. I just love knitting socks. I'm still just at the toes, so if anyone wants a pair of extremely bright socks, let me know soon and I'll knit them for you.

(And I'm not sure what happened up above with the bit of code and the colored text. Even after my brother's emergency surgery, weird stuff happens.)

2 comments:

Lucinda Kruy said...

Beautiful work! I also often employ the feline method of blocking. Whether I intend to or not.

Arctic-mermaid said...

Oh the shawl is stunning though. You will make shawls again, once you see how many compliments you get on that one! Crazy gorgeous colours and stitch.

Hurrah that you produced so much lovely knitting in the last short bit. Send that computer virus my way. I could use more knitting time. Hahahah.