Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stent is in


It's amazing what modern technology can do. I tried to stop the nurse from running the anaesthetic because the doctor was explaining to the other nurse just how the new little camera worked and I wanted to hear, but they knocked me out and I missed the ending. As you can see, though, they got the camera in, though the way I've been feeling for the past couple of days, I think they may have left something besides the stent in me. I should just be glad they only send a camera, and not the sound man, gaffer, and key grip.
Actually, I don't feel that bad, but I don't feel wonderful either. Pain in the stomach, intermittent but bothersome, and some nausea. I only mention it because I've felt so good in general that maybe I've gotten spoiled. I use this as an excuse to do nothing but lie on the couch and read. Anyone read the Donna Leon mysteries set in Venice? Nice writing, philosophical, but much too slow-moving for Jerry, who needs at least one corpse on the first page to keep his interest.

3 comments:

Arctic-mermaid said...

So how come it looks like they stuck it in your ear??? just kidding. Great to hear from you and hope your recovery is quick quick. The lovely fall weather must be in your area and it's a great time to be active outside. take em easy

jenny said...

it really is amazing. glad it's in, though i'm sorry you haven't felt well. hope it passes soon.

amy germer said...

No wonder you feel so bad, that looks painful.