Monday, March 3, 2008

Hey, I'm disabled

I went to the Social Security office today. When I'd signed up for Medicare (since I'm coming up on 65) they suggested that I go on Social Security as well. Jerry and I talked it over and decided I should, because waiting another year wouldn't make me that much money. Today the person interviewing me asked if I had any medical problems. Not sure what effect this all would have, I almost didn't tell her, but when I did, she said, "Good, you can go on disability." I filled out the forms, feeling like a fraud as I did so. I kept trying to explain to her that I feel fine now, and I don't want to take the government's money unless it's really honest to do so. She gave me funny looks and finally said, "We're going by our rules here, okay?"
So, thanks, everyone. It's Your Tax Dollars at Work. But wouldn't you rather give it to me than to Mr. Bush for another bomb?

2 comments:

Arctic-mermaid said...

Wow, the SYSTEM is actually going to work and take care of you.

If I was in your country I'd be happy to give you my tax money. enjoy!!

All the best
Your northern buddy

Blue Spruce said...

From what I can see on the internet there has been a tremendous amount of improvement in the last several years in treating bile duct cancer.
Once you have a disability sticker you can park in the disabled parking spot near the NE Art Exchange.
A good way to show your faith in the future is to vote today. I won't say who to vote for, but he is the candidate with the shortest name.