Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I got shoes

A problem I've had for the past year has been that the brace which keeps my left foot in order is too bulky to fit most shoes, and especially boots. The only shoes I have are sneakers with mesh in the sides, which has been my excuse for not walking in snow or when it's too cold. And that means most of this winter.
But the other day I went into a shoe store, saw a pair of boots made with a kind of knit fabric, tried them on, they fit, and I walked out of the store, for the first time in my life with the first pair I'd tried on. To make it even better, they were on sale.
And now I can walk outside again. Fate decided to encourage me in this, because yesterday morning we saw three deer from the herd that hangs out in the neighborhood eating the cracked corn neighbors put out for the wild turkeys.
(And I forgot to mention that my blood counts are all back to normal, and Dr. Nickerson continues to remind me that I'm doing extremely well.)
Life is good.

4 comments:

jenny said...

yeah for new shoes, especially ones that fit AND are on sale. that will be nice to be able to walk outside again. and congrats on the blood count, fantastic news.

Unknown said...

Yeeeah! New shoes and a great blood count! Spiffy!

Blue Spruce said...

I bloody well liked your blog about getting a good pair of shoes. It's very important. If you don't get a good fit, I mean, where are you?
But I ought to refrain from making the observation that getting the right type of boots was a remarkable feat.

Heather said...

So glad you were able to get out and walk. Comfortable shoes make all the difference in the world in life! Was thinking about you today and sending you positive thoughts. Glad you are feeling well.

Just started a mindfulness meditation class. If you're still looking for meditation cds, the teacher recommends Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach, and Jon Kabat-Zinn.

Also, a Reiki healer at the center is sending you long-distance healing thoughts. Hey, it can't hurt, right? :)

Big hug,
Heather