Friday, February 12, 2010

I don't want to complain, but did I need this?

For the past few weeks I've had increasing stomach aches and queasiness -- never enough to really worry about, but enough to annoy me and keep me popping Tums and Tylenol. On the strong urging of one of the oncology nurses and Jerry (neither of whom ever goes in to see a doctor unless there's a severed limb or blood spurting all over) I went in to see the GI doctor, Dr. Krishna, yesterday. He always remembers me as the person who takes curcumin and reminds me that his mother has always said that curcumin or turmeric will cure anything.
He thinks that the ulcer (almost certainly unconnected with the cancer) is acting up again, so next Tuesday I'll have another UES (upper endoscopy) in which he'll send his little camera down my gullet to check the stomach and then, presumably, change the prescription for the acid reducers I'm already taking.
Again, probably not connected to the cancer, definitely not H. pylori, possibly related to stress. In other words,"we don't really know why you might have this, and diet won't affect it (but the curcumin won't hurt.)"

5 comments:

Katie :o) said...

Oh, Lucie! I hope you feel better!!! (Hugs!)

Mean Mama said...

P.I.T.A.!

Adrienne said...

Dear Lucie,

I think I just discovered a way to
get my comments posted by changing to naem/url.

Okay--I've caught up on the last few blogs. The picture of Miles and Jerry-priceless! I love that kid's face and his aura, too!
I thought you looked a little under the weather Monday night. I hope your cold goes away. But I think you should let yourself feel sorry for yourself. Don't worry, you won't be down long. Love, Ade

Arctic-mermaid said...

In my professional opinion, they should prescribe you ice cream....


Did I mention I am a geologist???

Cheers Girl, get better!

Unknown said...

Oh, yuck! Well, hang in there. But an endoscopy is not as bad as some of the other stuff you've already managed. Good luck with new meds!