Saturday, February 20, 2010

The latest taste sensation



In my never-ending search for new and unusual recipes, I've found one I never would have tried if a google search hadn't persuaded me that this is the wonderful, new, almost-guaranteed ulcer cure.

Cabbage juice.

Recipe: Juice or Vita-mix cabbage with half as much water. Drink slowly. Believe me, this one you don't want to chug. Supposedly the ulcer disappears in half the time it takes the medicines to work. (So if I'm doing both, does that mean the ulcer will be gone in 3/4 the time? Or is my math weird?)

Jerry bought several kinds of juice to mix in instead of water and I'm looking forward to trying them. Bless him -- because the only side effect so far is that the whole world tastes like cole slaw.

5 comments:

Mean Mama said...

Oh. My.
Sounds like it comes in close in competition with drinking powdered brewers yeast in orange juice when I was nursing my last child . . .
The things we try for better health!

Unknown said...

I love cabbage...but this does not sound fun. Does red cabbage work too? I think it tastes better. Hope your tummy is feeling better now, whatever the reason..

Katie :o) said...

I like your math! I guess there could be worse things than cole slaw to taste all day.... I'm trying to think of some....

Arctic-mermaid said...

I look across to the lovely photo of you with the bananas. Stranger things have happened. What about adding some banana or even some yogurt and hney to make a cabbage (ugh) smoothie?

The word verification "word" below today is ingstion. I hope you don't get ingstion from the cabbage juice.

Margaret said...

I have never juiced cabbage, but I have juiced a papaya, seeds included. UGH! It was the foulest thing I think I have ever tasted...even made my toes pucker...
Hope you can find something tasty to add to this juice! By the way, my verification word is "stingeoi"...:-)