Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ulcerous update

We went in yesterday morning at 9:30 for the UES (upper endoscopy) and were out by 11:15, with me feeling well enough to eat some of Panera's baked potato soup. The prep, recovery, and paperwork took up most of the time between.

I was semi-knocked out for the procedure. You don't want to be just semi-knocked out if there's any chance the doctor might say "Ooops" unexpectedly, but I have confidence in Dr. Krishna. As a matter of fact, he and the anesthesiologist spent the few minutes of the procedure talking about Indian food. I seem to remember the anesthesiologist asking for a curry recipe for a cauliflower he just happened to have on hand. Or I could have been more out of it than I thought.

As always, they sent a tiny cameraman, lights person, best boy and grip down my throat to make the film. Result? The previous ulcer has healed (where the black outline is)but I have a new one (I think it's the reddish area next to the outline).

I'm now on different meds and we're waiting for the biopsy results, which should come out in a couple of days.

3 comments:

Arctic-mermaid said...

Glad to hear from you again My Gal Pal. Next time keep a note pad by your side to jot down the recipes. Duh.

Katie :o) said...

Ooooooh!!!!! Too bad you missed that recipe :o) Curry and cauliflower... sounds yummy! One of my friends just gave me some curry powder from Texas. Can barely wait to try it :o) Hope you're feeling better! I wish that darned snow had come any day *but* Tuesday... I missed seeing you guys!

Unknown said...

No wonder your tummy didn't feel well! Maybe, with new meds, you'll be ready for that cauliflower. Hope you have a very quick recovery--