Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A bit of housekeeping and catch up -- nothing earthshaking

First of all, if you've read the responses, you'll note that on August 8th someone named Justin Guild at Purdue U. wants to link us to a survey on the use of blogs and internet on communication during major illness. I don't endorse it, but I don't decry it either. I took the survey and it seems innocuous and maybe helpful. You know that I'm in favor of education, communication, and blogs, so if you have a bit of time, go over to his survey and take it. You can find the link on his post.

Also, I got linked to the site of a friend of Max and Anya's. Dave is spending a year of not throwing anything out. His basement is going to look like my parents', though they weren't so organized about never throwing anything away. I went over to his site to see what he had to say about me (thanks, Dave) and got fascinated by his project. http://365daysoftrash.blogspot.com is the url. This is one that is going to get even more interesting as the 365 days go on. Check it out. (Side note: do you realize how much they use once and then throw out in a hospital? My carbon footprint is probably the size of Luxembourg's by now.)
Otherwise, I'm still working on healing from the surgery, and I can only imagine what it would have been like if they'd actually removed stuff. People who've been through it promise me that I'll be able to do everything I could before, and maybe even sooner than I expect. But I expected yesterday.

2 comments:

Ev said...

Hi Lucie, thanks for the links, I look forward to checking them out.
I hope that your recovery continues smoothly and it isn't raining in your part of NH. You'll be up and doing soon (yes I know 'not soon enough').
Thinking of you, Ev

Dave said...

Hi Lucie,

Thanks for the nod and i'm glad you like the blog (that rhymes). I hear you on the hospital waste, it's truly insane isn't it?

I am truly inspired by your strength and courage (not to mention humour) in all that you do and write. I understand why Max is such a cool guy now and why Anya speaks so highly of you.

Please post some Trombone playing video when you can.


Best

Dave