Sunday, August 24, 2008

Family Time




A lot to celebrate yesterday -- Luther's 60th birthday (how can my little brother be 60? And isn't he lucky that I can't find a baby picture of him to post here and embarrass him?), Anya's new job, and most of all, the weather, which finally decided to remind us of what summer is really like.
We met at The Marina, a restaurant right on a branch of the Connecticut River just over the border in VT for lunch and a chance for Miles to throw stones into the water.
It's wonderful to have so much of my family so close, but a time like this makes us miss Cinda and Rob even more.

7 comments:

Russ Germer said...

Beautiful pictures Lucie. I think we dined with you at that same restaurant last summer. Much goodness!

A-muse said...

I really enjoyed seeing these pictures, and so glad that the weather is and has been stellar. Miles is a cutie--

grandma B said...

Love the photo's Lucie! You look wonderful. Max is a sweetheart. He looks like a young Harry Potter. I am sure he is an an exceptional child with his gene pool.
My goodness Max looks dashing as well ! These are the salad days of summer. We must savor them.
More photos please!

Lucinda Kruy said...

We miss you too! Looks like a great time, and I'm so glad you finally got some good weather! Sending lots and lots of love from Seattle.

jenny said...

i loved seeing those pictures of you and your family. miles is getting so big, i can't believe how fast kids grow. he is a beautiful boy. that is so nice you were all able to get together. family is the most important thing in the world. love you.

grandma B said...

Sorry Lucie . I was having a SENIOR moment! I meant MIles is a sweetheart and looks like a young Harry Potter. DUH! His hair is awesome!

amy germer said...

You look great Lucie! That little Miles has beautiful eyes behind those tiny glasses.