Friday, August 1, 2008

Fingers crossed

Good morning, family, friends and readers. I'm Max, Lucie's son, filling in for a few days until Mom is back on her feet (or, at least, propped up with a laptop in front of her). Today is The Day. The day in which the fine surgeon(s) at Dartmouth take over from where the chemo, radiation and Mom's tremendous fighting spirit leave off (well, I'm sure her fighting spirit is still working even while she is being operated on). Hopefully, the team in Mom's corner will knock Mr. Evil Cancer out of the ring. I'm sure if you are reading this you are already sending thoughts, prayers, well wishes and anything else that you've found to help move mountains. Keep 'em coming!

I spoke with Dad a few minutes ago and Mom has been admitted to the Pre-Op, after an hour-and-a-half delay. It is going to be a long day of waiting.

Eat a banana and think of Mom. Thank you.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Max - thanks so much for the update. Is Cinda there too? Please give everyone a hug from me - I've been thinking of you all week, and continue to do so.
love (and bananas) to all.
xoxo,
Tina
p.s. I had to make a 'google account' for the occasion - finally I can leave comments.

Rob K said...

Here's to a quick recovery!

Brooke Medlin said...

Thinking of her - hoping for a successful surgery.