Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lucie says:

I spoke with Mom this afternoon and she wanted me to thank everyone who has commented for their kind words. She (we) really appreciate your thoughts, prayers and sentiments. While the general feeling around the family is pretty down, I do think it's worth posting a quip Mom made this afternoon. She told me that one sign of her being ready to be released is when she can fart again. To me, that's her folks shining through - Grandpa was great at being able to provide a little humor when he was stuck in the hospital.

We're going up tomorrow for a visit, and I'm sure Miles will be able to coach her on a good fart or two.

4 comments:

grandma B said...

I love the photo at the lake. So much life so much love! AS to the passing of gas I hope it is today! I remember after C-sections lying there trying to rip one. People don't appreciate this ability enough! We are keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.
I am sure little Miles will be a welcomed face. Grandchildren are a great blessing of hope and renewal. We love you. Please keep the blog going.

mermayde said...

Once again Google Blogger has rejected my password and my post(s). I will re-register and try again.
Lucy babe, you are so brave. Like others who have posted, I am of the opinion that there are alternatives for getting rid of that tumor. I will apply myself to the task of coming up with a few possibilities.
L

Miles Germer said...

Well, if you really want me to give lessons on producing some good flatulence just let me know. I have won a few awards in that department. I've always thought of teaching but you know the old saying... Those who can, fart, those who can't, teach... Wait a minute! Doh... You meant the little Miles. My bad.

We love you all.

Miles

jenny said...

humor really is a gift. i'm glad your mom has it. your entire family has been in our thoughts and prayers. love to you all.