Sunday, January 10, 2010

Technology keeps winning

I apologize, everyone. Here I was thinking that everyone had gone away and I was all alone here in cyberspace, feeling sorry for myself and neglected, and it was my fault for hitting the wrong button on the comment moderation tab. Jerry has tried posting a comment and it seems to have worked, so I think we're back in business. (And he didn't even write something snarky about my abilities to navigate.)

Thanks for the great suggestions on movies! There were some old favorites and some I'd never even thought of, so my Netflix queue is going to grow exponentially. Tomorrow's chemo day again (funny how it keeps coming around), the temp is going to be down around 0 degrees, and I'm looking forward to an evening wrapped in my new Christmas-present quilt while I laugh myself silly.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Hang in there, Lucie! I will be thinking of you tomorrow, from across the ocean...not thinking of you while you are having chemo but of you laughing at one of these comedies tomorrow evening!
Ciao!
Margaret
Florence, Italy

Blue Spruce said...

Aside from entire movies, three hilarious shorter routines that I recall are:
1. Jimmy Durante in a very early and probably not so successful movie where he is a henchman of a mob boss visiting a college campus. He is supposed to make a call, and he goes into the office where there are two phones. When he calls on one phone, it rings on the other. No realizing he is calling himself, he speaks on both phones, insults himself, and gets worked up into a rage.
2. Leo G. Carroll in the old Topper TV show is supposed to watch his bosses' prize chicken, but his attendant ghosts lead him into many misadventures, including a dance contest, until finally his boss suspects that the missing chicken ended up in Mrs. Toppers' prize chicken pie.
3. Abbott tells Costello to give him a rubdown. The radio provides instructions. Costello doesn't know whether to use Rubbing Alcohol or Witch Hazel. Abbott tells him to use either, and instead he uses ether and knocks Abbott out. Meanwhile the radio show changes to a show about doing body work on your car, and Costello is instructed, among other things, to rub the body down with rough sandpaper!

Ev said...

Hi Lucie, Enjoy your cozy quilt and laugh the funk
away.
Thinking of
you, Evelyn

Katie :o) said...

Ooooooh! Hope you can still make it to the "Gathering of the Goofballs"... we're not a warm quilt, but we can probably muster a few laughs :o) 7:00 Panaras :o)