Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An inspiring, well-written cancer blog

Blogging about one's cancer seems to be almost as prevalent as the disease itself. I'm working on (= thinking about occasionally) a blog entry about interesting cancer blogs, but right now I'd like to share my favorite. It's Leroy Sievers' npr blog, which he's been writing for a couple of years. Today he has asked people to respond telling how cancer has touched their lives, and the answers are wonderful. Check them out.
And here's my favorite quote from his blog:

Besides, don't they always say in the movies that you should never show fear? I don't want the cancer to know that I'm worried about it. I want the cancer to be worried about what I'm going to do to it. For all that the disease has done to me, I hope that it lies awake at night worrying about what I'm going to do next. That only seems fair.

-- Leroy Sievers
April 3, 2008 http://www.npr.org/blogs/mycancer/

2 comments:

Arctic-mermaid said...

Hey Lucie; I like that quote you selected. Go tell that cancer to scram! Yessiree!

And thanks for the recipe. Sounds interesting. Was the banana left in it's skin when sliced towards the end. I probably read it too fast.

Much strength to get through the chemo!

amy germer said...

I love that! I have never thought of it from the cancers point of view.