Thursday, April 10, 2008

Low energy day

You know it isn't a great day when your highest energy level happens at 8:30 a.m. It turned out to be the kind of day where I lay down for a minute on the couch and an hour and a half later woke up and decided that I really should get up and do something. After twenty minutes of thinking about that, and realizing that someone had to go to the bathroom, I finally did. Came back and repeated the process. I blame the Prochlorperazine. Heavy machinery, hmph. The heaviest machinery I was able to manage yesterday was knitting needles.
Doing socks with color-changing yarn was about my speed. I'm at a mechanical part, where I just go around and around in the simplest stitch, so I did this, thinking, ve-e-ery slowly, "Oh, yes.... It looks as though I'm almost through with the gray.... Next is blue.... Very nice.... Wonder... what... comes... next....." After a few minutes of this gripping excitement, I was ready for another nap.
Unfortunately, coffee and wine are back to not tasting good, though by last weekend they were almost back to delicious, so I have hopes that they (and food in general) will continue to be more and more attractive as I procede through this round and the next.

No comments: