Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wonderful things happen

  • Two of my favorite males; this is the only picture I have in which neither of them is mugging (Jerry and grandson Miles).
  • The ice is out on the pond in front of the house, and I've already seen canada geese, ducks, and the beaver.
  • It must finally be spring, with peepers in the evening, birds chirping in the morning.
  • Today we had a flying visit from nephew and niece, McKay and Hilary from Utah, before she runs the Boston Marathon on Monday. Go, Hilary!
  • Monday is the last heavy-duty chemo; and none of it has been as difficult as I thought it might be.
  • Wednesday is the Keene State Orchestra concert, with Jerry on bassoon, playing an all-Gershwin program.
  • Thursday (best news of all) Cinda and Rob arrive from Seattle for a week's visit.
  • I feel strong and well.

This is a week to savor in anticipation, to enjoy in progress, and to remember in contentment. May you have the same.

3 comments:

amy germer said...

I dare say they both look like theirs mom's.

Arctic-mermaid said...

you Go Girl!Snow is almost gone out in the open here (northern Ontario) and it's the de-pooping of the yard season.

Glad to hear all is well.

Heather said...

What a wonderful photo! Thanks for sharing this. Ah, I wish I could hear the peepers up in New England!