Saturday, April 26, 2008

Last big chemo

Jerry won the scrabble game, but only because he went out and I had 11 points worth of letters on my rack. It was close.
The chemo went smoothly, though I think I'm more knocked out by it this time than either of the others. More nausea, less energy.
Cinda and Rob are here from Seattle for the week; actually they went down to Easthampton to see Max, Anya, and Miles yesterday afternoon and they will all come up this afternoon. I can't wait -- family is the best medicine (and besides, Jerry's cooking).
Medical plans are now that I'll have until May 12th off, time for my body and spirit to heal while the chemo zaps away at the cancer. Then on the 12th I start daily radiation plus twice a week lighter dose of chemo for a few weeks. Then we see what effect all this has had.
It's wonderful to hear all the news from family and friends. This has been (and continues to be) an unexpected joy of this blog. Keep it coming!

1 comment:

jenny said...

i'm so glad that you get to see family this week. family is the best medicine. i always feel blessed that i have family that i want to see and spend time with. i'm glad to hear the chemo went smoothly, but am sorry to hear that it has left you feeling crummy. you've been through a lot, you are a strong woman. we sure love you. have a fun week with rob and cinda, tell them hello for me.