Monday, May 5, 2008

Continuing saga

I knew I'd get sympathy and appreciation from everyone who knows Jerry.... He's almost done with the painting. It's going to be gorgeous. Pictures as soon as we get the carpet in.
Somehow, this week, which was going to involve a lot of Doing Nothing, has gotten crowded. Let's see:
Today I go in to get my driver's license renewed, which I suddenly realized involves a picture. Will they let me wear a headwrap? If not, am I going to go through the next five years with a bald driver's license picture? Will that mean I'm stopped at airports as a clearly dangerous, if not deranged, alien? The only wig I own is a classy Halloween number made of foil. Would they let me wear that?
Tomorrow we take the cat in to the vet to find out why she yowls between 1:30 and 4:00 am every night. We thought she'd get over it, but Luther said that his cat, Thexis, who lived to almost 22, yowled every night. For ten years. Maybe there's kitty ambien.
Tomorrow is also the day that the well people come back again for their third try at fixing what's wrong. The water is now clear and tasty, but the pump cycles on at strange times, sometimes making a very modern-sounding duet with the cat.
Wednesday we get the carpet, which arrives at the same time that the Top of Frost Hill knitting group meets at our house. There are four of us at the moment and only two of us knit, but we've taken a good stab at solving all the problems of the world over the past few weeks. I'm sure that we won't be distracted by the curses of the men trying to get a long, straight carpet up the zigzaggy stairs and through the narrow hall into the bedroom.
Thursday I meet with the radiation people, and I hope get to yoga, which I missed last week because of ankle problems.
Friday I see the orthopedic doctor for those ankle problems. Briefly, probably because I'm double-jointed, my ankles have always gone in weird directions, and finally the tendon which holds the arch up pretty much gave out (the posterior tibialis, to be technical). That's why I wear the brace, but it doesn't seem to be working as well as it did.
So life is full. But the main thing is that these days I have energy and appetite and am actually looking forward to some of this week's challenges (except for the vet visit).

1 comment:

Arctic-mermaid said...

I vote for wearing the classy Halloween foil wig. Then you'll have to keep in in your vehicle for all those times the police pull you over for speeding. You'll have to prove that you are THAT person! I think just on sheer laughs the cops would have to let you off.

Glad you are keeping busy and accomplishing so much!
All the best