Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Countdown

As of this morning (and by the way, Blogger seems to think that I get up and post even earlier than I actually get up -- right now it's 7:40) I have seven doses of radiation and three chemos left in this round. I finish up next Thursday.
Chemo: good news is that the oncologist doesn't think I need to make up the one I missed. And the nurse who did the chemo on Monday said that I've really done well on this. She went through the list of side effects I could have had, and I agree that I've been lucky.
Radiation: I now have three X's marking the spots where they will give me The Boost, next Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday. In the locker room at the Y on Monday a toddler looked at me and said, "What are those?" I said, "Those are my blue marks," and she just said "Oh." If she had asked me why I had blue marks I was going to tell her, "Because they didn't have any green."
Don't know if The Boost will cause any extra side effects. I'll ask today when I go in.

Everyone's invited for virtual banana daiquiris on the afternoon of the 19th. I couldn't have gotten this far without you.

1 comment:

Arctic-mermaid said...

I am so there for these daquiris! Heck, I may have to make a real one. Why not?

Of course we are here to support you, but man oh man you've been a steady and true pillar and doing so well. I admire you so much. You haven't wavered from the positive thinking and you are doing yourself a world of good.

So when I raise my umbrella festooned daquiri, it will be to your fortitude and strength and continued success.