Thursday, December 4, 2008

Early Christmas Present

I just got a call from Dr. Nickerson's office. My cancer marker, the CA19-9, is down to 40. Last month it was 61, down from 100 in October, 300 in September. This downward trend is exciting, but what's even more exciting is that normal people -- that means you -- have a CA19-9 of less than 39.
Dr. Nickerson has to admit that there is no exact test that shows just how healthy I am. The marker is indicative, as is the CAT scan, as is how I'm generally feeling. The last CAT scan showed no changes since June, and I feel good.
So, at least for now, I'm in great shape!

10 comments:

Lucinda Kruy said...

Yay!! That's certainly a reason to celebrate! I had a wonderful visit home, and I especially enjoyed beating y'all at Scrabble. Especially Dad.

A-muse said...

I'll say that is one wonderful Christmas Present, Lucie. I am thrilled! You're doing a lot of things right, and so are Jerry, Max, Cinda, Anya, Rob, and Miles. And the cats. And your wonderful brothers and sisters-inlaws, brother, friends, etc. WOW! "That's the Power of Love," and I don't mean to minimize your own personal power--you have faith in people--in us, and we love you for it. And you do your part to be healthy. I'm happy.

A-muse said...

wow--a simultaneous submission. Cinda BEAT Jerry. It's a smart family. I like to think of Jerry being bested. Heh.

jenny said...

that gave me chills! what exciting news. so glad to hear it.

Arctic-mermaid said...

Terrific, wonderful, joyful and just what I needed to hear.

Good stuff.

Russ Germer said...

That is just fantastic news Lucie! I am so glad to hear it. What? Lucinda beat Jerry in Scrabble! That's equally fantastic!

Severine said...

That's great Lucie. Congrats!!

Blue Spruce said...

A book with a happy ending is a joyous thing to behold.

grandma B said...

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! What awesome news! We are happy for you , Having played Scrabble against the formidable Germer clan I can really appreciate Lucinda's win. What intelligent offspring you have!

momser said...

That is great news to hear Lucy. Russ told me about Cinda beating Jerry. That is fun to hear also. We are happy for you and pray that you will continue to have good health.