Saturday, October 18, 2008

Low-key (but always in the right key) visit



Between gray and gloomy weather for at least one of the days and my not feeling quite as bouncy as I have before, the Russ and Rita visit has been low key. However, I can report, as a sign of Jerry's increasing maturity, for the first time nobody tipped the chess board over ("And now we'll never know who won").
I don't have pictures of the singalong/jam, but Russ took a video that might be good for blackmail some time. It was a kind of pick a key, any key experience.
And we made it down to Easthampton to see Max, Anya, and Miles.
But the visit has been much too short.

2 comments:

Blue Spruce said...

I like chess, but one reason I rarely ever get to play it is that the potential opponents are either vastly better than you or vastly worse than you, leading to very one-sided games. A couple of nice chess quotes I found are:
"Nowadays if you're not a grandmaster at 14, you can forget about it."
Anand Viswanthan.
"Chess and theatre often lead to madness."
Arrabal.

A-muse said...

Jerry is just too damned smart. Lucie is prety smrt, too, but the cunning player can distract her.
I try to be a cunning player, but my problem is that I forget the game and distract myself.
Still, the two of them are just so nice and fun that it doesn't matter. They never complain about the lack of competition.